So, you have decided to take the step to pull together a business case with the aim of gaining internal senior support for your intranet redesign. Thinking about your intranet benefits is a great place to start and over the next few weeks we will take you through the intranet journey that we have created based on working with hundreds of clients and educate you, or provide you with the information to educate your colleagues.
To understand the benefits your intranet could bring to your organisation, you also need to be aware of the pain points your colleagues are currently experiencing. If you have completed your summer intranet review, you may well be very aware of what your pain points are. If you haven’t completed your review, don’t worry you can always draft your benefits and revisit them as you start to build your business case.
Gaining internal support will be easier if you can establish why your organisation needs a new intranet and what benefits will be gained from it.
A new engaging intranet can bring benefits to the whole organisation. The wider intranet benefits are often:
- Improved productivity, enabling employees to locate information easier and faster.
- Improved communication throughout the organisation. Important messages broadcast to the right people when needed and documents updated in real time.
- Greater employee engagement and collaborative working.
- Improved accessibility for all colleagues no matter where and how they are accessing the intranet.
- Improving business processes with applications designed for specific business requirements.
- Email volumes reduced, saving time.
In addition to these intranet benefits, each department may see additional value:
Sales & Marketing intranet benefits:
- Instant access to up-to-date sales information and ability to update reports in real time
- Communicating brand guidelines and latest campaigns to the right people at the right time and the ability to check everyone has accessed the information
- Internal PR campaigns managed and published centrally via the intranet
Accounts intranet benefits:
- Publishing financial policies and procedures in central location
- Enabling expenses to be completed online, saving administrative time
- Distribute sensitive information securely
Human Resources intranet benefits:
- Enable employees to access and request holiday information multiple devices
- Instant access to the live version of the employee handbook and policies and procedures
- Staff training opportunities communicated to the right people at the right time
Senior Management & Director’s intranet benefits:
- Publish Targets for the coming year along with mission statements and objectives
- All meeting minutes held in one place, making access easier and instant
- The ability to securely distribute sensitive company information to management teams
What benefits do you see a new intranet bringing to your organisation? Make a note of them now and you can develop them as you go through our intranet journey over the next few weeks. If you want to read more about what you need to compile your intranet business case the download our business case guide.
Here at SORCE we’ve experienced hundreds of intranets of all shapes and sizes and are skilled at helping uncover opportunities to improve engagement and business processes.
As intranet software providers our software powers the intranet and extranet for hundreds of organisations. Our clients cover a wide range of sectors from finance to manufacturing, not for profit organisations (such as charities and housing associations) as well as local authorities and other public sector agencies.
Find out more about our intranet software package or call us on 01635 551777.